Vitacare Dental Centre – Workplace COVID-19 Safety Plan
This plan is current as of May 20th, 2020. Note that because SARS-CoV2 is still considered a
novel virus and the trajectory of the pandemic is still changing, safety measures may also be
altered accordingly. The protocps presented here are in accordance by recommendations
presented by the Cplege of Dental Surgeons of British Cpumbia (CDSBC). Note that the
CDSBC fplows the rules and regulations of that provided by the provincial health officer,
BC Centre of Disease and Contrp, and Worksafe BC.
Staff, dentists and patients are not to enter the clinic if they:
1. Have any COVID-19 symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny
nose, sneezing, post-nasal drip, loss of smell, chills, fatigue, muscle aches, vomiting,
diarrhea, nausea, malaise and/or headache
2. Have had close contact or have been in ispation with a suspected or confirmed
COVID-19 individual in the last 14 days; or
3. Have travelled internationally in the last 14 days
Booking your dental appointments:
1. During this time, your dental needs will be triaged and we will be prioritizing
emergent and urgent care.
2. Appointments can be made by phone or email. You must have an appointment to
enter the clinic. Please arrive on time. If you arrive early, please wait in your vehicle
until your designated time to minimize contact with other departing patients.
3. You are to come alone to your appointment. One parent, guardian, or caretaker can
accompany a child or person that requires additional assistance to an appointment.
4. When you arrive at the clinic, we will provide you with hand sanitizer, take your
temperature and ask you screening questions.
1. Physical distancing will be in effect. Maintain 2-metre distance between one another.
2. There will be a limited number of people allowed in the waiting room at a given time.
3. Plexiglass barriers will be placed at the front desk.
4. Frequently touched surfaces will be disinfected routinely.
1. Dentists and dental assistants will be wearing enhanced personal protective
equipment, which may include face shields, gowns, and respirator masks.
2. You will be asked to rinse with a hydrogen peroxide mouthwash for 30 seconds prior
to your treatment.
3. There will be infection protocps requiring more time for disinfection of the rooms in
4. As always, instruments and equipment are properly sterilized to kill all